Coursework Requirements for Completing the Master of Science in Computer Science
Completing the Master of Science in CS degree program requires:
- A minimum of 32 credit hours, approved by an advisor.
- One course taken in each of the core areas of Systems and Programming and two courses in the core area of Theory.
- A GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 in the program of study.
Students in the MSCS program must file a Program of Study (Form #401) before completing 9 credits of graduate study. The program of study must adhere to the following restrictions:
- At least 20 of the required credit hours must be in 500-level courses in Computer Science (courses labeled "CS").
- For the remaining hours:
- CSP (CS Professional) courses, CS 401, 402, 403, and Interprofessional Projects (IPROs) cannot be included.
- There is a 12 semester time limit for completing the requirements.