Application Documents Required For the MSCS and MCS Degree Programs
A complete application for the Master of CS and Master of Science in CS degree programs consists of:
- An application for admission as a regular, matriculating (degree-seeking) graduate student.
- For applicants who are not current or past IIT students, a $40 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official or certified copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Scores from the general GRE exam. (This can be waived under certain circumstances.)
- For certain applicants, scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam.
- The GMAT is not required for the MCS with a Specialization in Business.
Students who wish to take courses without immediately selecting a degree program can apply for admission as Special (non degree-seeking) graduate students. Applications for graduate Special students should be completed before the beginning of the desired semester. Applications for special status are not reviewed by the department's Graduate Admissions Committee.
All applicants are evaluated for assistantships and scholarships/fellowships (unless requested otherwise by the applicant). Evaluation is automatic -- no additional letter or form is required.
For admission deadlines, see Important Dates at Graduate Admission. Applications that are submitted after the deadline may not be able to be reviewed by the department's Graduate Admissions Committee before the beginning of the desired semester.