Coursework Requirements for Completing the Master of Computer Science
Completing the MCS degree program requires:
- A minimum of 30 credit hours (33.6 for the MCS/Business), approved by an advisor.
- One course taken in each of the three core areas: Systems, Theory, and Programming.
- A GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 in the program of study.
- Specialization courses, for students working toward an MCS with a Specialization.
Students in the program must adhere to the following restrictions:
- A Program of Study (Form #401) must be filed before completing 9 credits of graduate study.
- At least 20 of the required credit hours must be in 500-level CS or CS Professional courses.
- At most 6 credits hours can come from "short", accelerated courses.
- At most 5 credit hours can come from CS 597 or the optional Master's Project.
- CS 401, 402, 403, and Interprofessional Projects (IPROs) cannot be applied toward the credit hour requirement.
- CS and CS-related Transfer Courses may be allowed.
- There is a 12 semester time limit for completing the requirements.