Summer 2006 CS Undergraduate Studies Committee
- Review of detailed sample materials from all undergaduate CS courses
in Spring 2006. This is an extra detailed review for NCA (not in our regular
assessment process). Summary due in Fall 2006 semester.
- (MB) Creating/Distributing/Collecting Student Course Assessments(Step
B1) and Instructor Course Assessments(Step B2) for Summer 2006
courses. Summary due in Fall 2006 semester.
- (MB) Creating/Distributing/Collecting Recent Alumni Survey (Step
B3) (for Dec 05 and May 06 Graduates) and Co-Op/Employer Survey (Step
B4). Summary due in Fall 2006 semester.
- Course Managers and Instructors prepare the following changes for Fall
06 (Step F1) (from Spring/Summer/Fall 05 assessment cycle).
- Improved CS115 consistency. Course Manager (MB) has developed a standard
syllabus/lectures, and lab/project/exam standards in conjunction with recent
sucessful CS115/115/201 instructors. (DONE)
- Better CS201 placement. Institute unofficial summer placement exam
for all students registering for CS201. MB will handle all CS/CPE/EE new
students. VW will also add a first week skills test to CS201. (DONE)
- Lengthen CS331, CS350, CS351 weekly lecture from two 50 minute lectures
to two 75 minute lectures. Shorten labs from one 100 minute lab to one
50 minute lab. (DONE)
- Try adding required CS330 weekly recitation
with TA leading. Unofficially scheduled in Fall 2006, Officially in
schedule Spring 2007. (DONE)
- Require pre-req to CS445, this will now have a pre-req of (CS331 or
CS401) and CS441. Paperwork submitted (DONE)
- Redesign of CS450 by Saelee with input Spring/Summer/Fall 05 assessment
cycle. Possible change to Course Overview (i.e. Objectives).
- Meet with faculty teaching a course for the first time to review objectives
and expectations for the course. CS115(Koutsogiannkis), CS330(Sasaki),CS350(Hood),
CS445(aldawud), CS450(Lee), CS487(Leung) (DONE)