- Gady Agam
- Office: SB-228a
- Contact: x7-5834,
- Office hours: Mon, Wed 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Lecture, Mon 3:15 - 4:30, SB 111
- Lab, Wed 3:15 - 4:30, SB 112J
- Introduction: overview of administrative issues, overview of the
topics covered in the course, the history of computing (CS
Illuminated Ch. 1).
- The information layer: binary values and number systems, data
representation (CS Illuminated Ch. 2-3).
- The hardware layer: gates and circuits, computing components
(CS Illuminated Ch. 4-5).
- The programming layer: problem solving and algorithm design,
low-level programming, high-level programming, abstract data types and
(CS Illuminated Ch. 6-9).
- The operating system layer: operating systems, file systems
(CS Illuminated Ch. 10-11).
- The communication layer: computer networks, the world wide web
(CS Illuminated Ch. 15-16).
- The application layer: discussion of various computing
such as: information systems, scientific computing, computer graphics,
artificial intelligence, robotics, computer vision.
on August 28, 2007