Assignment 7 - Variable Elimination - (Due 10/05, Tue, in class):
- Required: Given the Student Bayesian network we discussed in
class (Figure 3.4 in the book), compute the following probabilities
using variable elimination:
- P(D), P(I) (These should be trivial if you use the right elimination order. Show your work.)
- P(I | G = a), P(D | G = a). How did our belief about
Intelligence and Difficulty change, compared to the case we
- P(D | G = a, I = low). How did our belief about Difficulty change now?
- Recommended: Read "Inference in Belief Networks: A
Procedural Guide" by Huang and Darwiche. It's available at http://reasoning.cs.ucla.edu/fetch.php?id=32&type=pdf
- Turn-in your assignment in class on Tuesday, 10/05. Show your work.