Qitian Zeng, Ph.D. Student
I received my Bachelor in Economics with minor in Math in 2014 from Nankai University in China and Master of Mathematical Finance in 2016 at Illinois Tech. I started PhD in Computer Science in 2017 at Illinois Tech.
- UPE Honorable Mention Award (2018)
TeachingI have been TA for the following courses:
- 2017 Fall: CS425 - Database Organization
- 2018 Fall: CS425 - Database Organization
Research ProjectsI am involved in the following research projects:
- Explanations beyond Provenance - Explaining Query Results Beyond Provenance
- HCDF - A Hybrid OS / Runtime for Task-based In-memory Query Processing
CollaboratorsI am collaborating with:
- Kyle Hale - Illinois Institute of Technology
- Sudeepa Roy - Duke University
- Zhengjie Miao - Duke University
Putting Things into Context: Rich Explanations for Query Answers using Join Graphs
Chenjie Li, Zhengjie Miao, Qitian Zeng, Boris Glavic and Sudeepa Roy
Proceedings of the 46th International Conference on Management of Data (2021), pp. 1051–1063.
Playing Fetch with CAT - Composing Cache Partitioning and Prefetching for Task-based Query Processing
Qitian Zeng, Kyle Hale and Boris Glavic
International Workshop on Data Management on New Hardware (2021).
Going Beyond Provenance: Explaining Query Answers with Pattern-based Counterbalances
Zhengjie Miao, Qitian Zeng, Boris Glavic and Sudeepa Roy
Proceedings of the 44th International Conference on Management of Data (2019), pp. 485–502.
CAPE: Explaining Outliers by Counterbalancing
Zhengjie Miao, Qitian Zeng, Chenjie Li, Boris Glavic, Oliver Kennedy and Sudeepa Roy
Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment (Demonstration Track). 12, 12 (2019) , 1806–1809.
GProM - A Swiss Army Knife for Your Provenance Needs
Bahareh Arab, Su Feng, Boris Glavic, Seokki Lee, Xing Niu and Qitian Zeng
IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin. 41, 1 (2018) , 51–62.