Wednesday, May 4, 2022 ,8:00am - 10:00am,Wishnick Hall 116
The exam will be 120 minutes long. It is closed book and closed notes . Questions will be both multiple-choice and full text questions. These topics have already been covered in the homework assignments. Topics covered will be:
Virtual Data Integration
- Given a set of views encoded as GLAV or LAV mappings, produce a maximally contained rewritings for a query over the global schema using the bucket or inverse-rules algorithm.
- Write SQL queries using the generalized grouping and windowed aggregation (analytical function) features we have discussed in class.
- Answer basic multiple choice questions about the multidimensional datamodel and its abstract operations (drill-down, roll-up, …).
- Answer multiple choice questions about provenance models, e.g., insensitivity to query rewrite
Know how to determine the provenance of a simple query according to one of the following provenance models.
- The 3 variants of Why-provenance: the set of witnesses, Why-provenance, and minimal Why-provenance.
- How-provenance (provenance polynomials).
Solutions: Solutions are available here