Monday, Mar 7, 2022,10:00am - 11:15am,Wishnick Hall 116
The exam will be 75 minutes long. It is closed book and closed notes . Some questions will be multiple-choice. Topics covered will be:
- Write datalog queries
- Translate from datalog to SQL or relational algebra
- Write constraints as first-order logical formulas.
- Translate constraints into first-order logical formulas. For example, given a functional dependency translate it into its first-order representation.
- Translate constraints into denial constraints
- Write denial constraints
Query Equivalence and Containment
- Find containment mappings between queries to determine their containment relationships.
Create Schema Matchings
- Determine schema matches based on simple schema-based matches such as edit distance with threshold or Jacard with threshold.
Solutions: Solutions are available here