cs470 - Fall 2003
The make-up midterm is Saturday, 10/25/2003, at 9am. Students will meet
their instructor in room SB-214.
The exam is open to students who have received permission from the instructor
to take it.
Homeworks and Exams
Make sure you always show your work. This way you may get partial credit
in case the final result is wrong. In any event, please try to prove your
Failure to prove things earns you only 50% of the maximum for that particular
problem in case the answer is correct, and nothing in case the answer is
wrong. In case you can't prove something show at least your attempts or
try to give an explanation of why you gave that particular answer.
- Hw1 Posted 9/8/2003, due 9/22/2003.
- Hw1 results: max=100%, min=37%, avg=81%, std_dev=17
- Hw2 Posted 9/22/2003, due 10/6/2003.
- Hw2 results: max=92%, min=32%, avg=76%, std_dev=17
- Midterm results: max=93%, min=27%, avg=61%, std_dev=18
- Hw3 Posted 10/14/2003, due 11/3/2003.
- Hw3 results: max=%, min=%, avg=%, std_dev=%
- Hw4 Posted 10/27/2003, due 11/17/2003.
- Hw4 results: max=%, min=%, avg=%, std_dev=%
You are required to print out the lab documentation and the lab manual available
on line (see below).
- The SPIM manual (needed for the first seven labs).
The SPIM web page provides additional information on SPIM.
- The dinero cache simulator (needed for some homeworks and labs 8 to 10)
- Lab1 (Getting Started with SPIM)
- Lab2 (MIPS: The Virtual Machine)
- Lab3 (Control Stuctures in MIPS)
- Lab4 (Register Usage and Procedures)
- Lab5 (Memory Issues)
- Lab6 (Arithmetic in MIPS)
- Lab7 (Exceptions in MIPS)
$Id: cs470_fall2003.html,v 1.8 2003/10/28 00:08:43 virgil Exp $